From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Marilyn
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:07 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: photography

I am interested in knowing what purposes all of you feel photography serves, and especially interested in knowing those purposes beyond earning a living.

Another way to put my question (or this could be interpreted as another question) what is photography beyond the camera (leaving the technicalities of photographic equipment, that is)?

Another, more romantic way, to word my question would be - what place in your heart does photography fill?

Marilyn

Leave gentle fingerprints on the
soul of another for the angels to read.

                                                Proverb