Re: Why and What for?

Really, that information would be very helpful to someone commenting on an image from a submitter who is seeking advice on an image.  I know the PF staff work their butts off to provide this service to us (free of charge mind you).  But I would like to see a more guidnig outline to the forum...say, a section for works in progress and another for finished pieces... however, i find that when people do want particulars, they're usually pretty clear about it.

Cheers!  Trevor Cunningham

Museki Abe <museki.abe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please let me know why we are required information(exposure,diaphragmshatter speed, film name), when we submit photos to photo contests.
I often see information about photo on calendars, photography magazines and photo albums and so on.
I understand they are helpful to me as a beginner, when I take pictures.

Why and what for?
And would it be important to judgments?

Mitty

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham