Re: Photo forum

"I am curious why you don't like telling others how you feel about their work?"
I wasn't asked to comment on this, but . . .

At one time critiquing the critiques became more of a concern than the reviewing of the gallery's images. It became frustrating and a waste of time to review each image, only to have the reviews shot down.

Each reviewer has his or her own style of critiquing just as each photographer has his or her own manner of shooting. Receiving input from colleagues is an important part of any project's success and all styles of critiquing - unless the style is hurtful - should be tolerated.

I belong to several critiquing groups for writers and the comments discuss the written items, only. Nothing is said about the critiques or personalities of those involved unless someone crosses the line and the comments become harmful/hurtful. The critiques come rolling in on a regular basis and they are all tremendously helpful.

Just my random thoughts.

Marilyn