Re: I give up!

> It reads, quote: photographer took pictures of my wedding + ruined
them

> Sorry - Just HAD to vent!

Shyrell

unless you are perceived as a foreigner the US legal system is very
fair and even handed

clearly, from what you've shown us, the statement is partially true:
1) you did indeed take pictures of her wedding
2) you didn't ruin them: the processing lab ruined the negatives

They should feel lucky you hadn't gone digital.  A storage media
glitch could have seen you losing the lot, completely and permanently,
at the moment of trying to download them.  Then you would have been on
shakier ground.

Presumably your contract mentioned unforseen circumstances?  I've yet
to be able to get film processed that didn't exclude value beyond the
physical value of the filmstock (except with an additional insurance
payment).

While you are preparing your "defence" if you have any written
evidence of the family's intent to defraud you (you mentioned they
said something about scanning your proofs) then make sure that is
highlighted as (intended future?) copyright abuse

Just don't let the scum win without a fight.

Bob