Re: Tech Vs. Image

----- Original Message ----- From: "karl shah-jenner" <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tech Vs. Image

-snip-
Consider the facial expressions captured in some shots - the weird
contortions that result from a face animated during conversations.  They
were there at the time, but the reality is that these fleeting transitions
between one expression and the next happened to be trapped by a shutter
speed that exceeds our temporal perception.

-snip -

Those actual photographs by Karsch (spelling?) and Cole Weston, portraits of such clarity . . . enlargements slightly larger than life or persons larger than life, Churchill, Ansel Adams . . . are so three dimensional when made with such sharp detail and clarity that are rarely seen in the digital examples. Until I received in the mail, a promotional packet for the Kodak D 90 and a poster size print 32X40 of a beautiful, young model with feathers in her hair, colorful make-up. Then, the clarity and sharpness did match.

I don't know wether they set the camera button on 'Ansel Adams' or Karsch? :)

S.