Re: PF Exhibits on 02 APR 05

<<The 35mm shooters have definately been tempted to digital for the very
reason 35mm existed in the first place - convenience, but there was always
a gap between convenience and quality.. that gaps just getting a bit wider>>

Karl

That is very very true.

The best digitial "35mm" cameras are quite high resolution and *can* save images as raw.  But the vast majority of (non-quality driven) shooters opt for jpeg.  Simply, they can get 1000 images on a 1 gig card that way (cf only ca 50 ? raws).

Doublethink is a powerful thing though: the convenience so outweighs the quality that before long the quality no longer mattered.  There is no (visible) loss. It's gone beyond denial, it's faith.

Indeed, I can quite honestly say that without my reading glasses on I can't tell the difference between the output of a 1M-pixel camera and a large format print at A4 size ;o)

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/