Re: PF Exhibits on 02 APR 05

At 1:45 PM -0600 4/6/05, Bob Maxey wrote:
I humbly suggest, and please take no offense, but . . . I do not think you know what you are talking about. Every time someone proclaims the death of film, I laugh. Film will not go away. Not anytime soon. Its use will diminish, but it will be here for years to come.

I did not claim that film was dead. I simply claimed that it would "cease to be the basic mode of image getting very, very soon".

Although there may always be film, and the business may shift to boutique films, once there is a digital point and shoot that's a viable business model, I believe it's over for film as a commodity.

Gonna be tricky for the high altitude adventure photogs, but batteries will get better and storage media will get less energy hungry and digital sensors will become less temperature sensitive as well.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822