Re: PF Exhibits on 02 APR 05

At 11:02 AM -0700 4/6/05, fotofx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Emily,

I could not agree more. I really do feel that those of us that do have production art training or
commercial art or dark room or lab experience do have a distinct advantage over those who do not.

Only for the next couple years, however. The schools are all up to date with teaching PS the same way they got up to date on teaching darkroom. Understanding that PS began by mimicking the darkroom will become less and less relevant as PS utterly and compeltely eliminates any other form of image prep.

And I agree with you that film will cease to be the basic mode of image getting very, very soon. One more Christmas gift season and the jig is up for film.

The struggle will be with how to recycle those disposable point and shoot digis. Will Fuji and Kodak just pull the little memory chip and recycle it and put a new one in the disposable, wrap it up in new plastic and ship it out again? Or will the machine operator just plug the disposable into the Fontier, print out the pix and a CD, "recharge" the chip and give the disposable back to the customer for a recharging fee?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822