Re: PF Exhibits on 02 APR 05

> First, Sir, If you quote someone, kindly do not edit the quote.  It
is very bad manners.

NO!

It's very bad manners (generally associated with "top posters" to
leave in the whole of a previous posting (and every other posting in
the thread) totally unedited.  Heck, people quote from Hamlet but
don't feel obliged to regurgitate the whole book.

We all read them anyway: we do NOT need to get the full text
twice/three times .....

I checked: unless I missed a change to the spelling Greg simply left
enough text from your comment for context.

>Second I liked the image and said so.
So what's the point?
We read that in the review.

>Having photographed thousands of portraits both on location and in
studio, I was trained to set it up, then clean it up and then shoot
it.
But there comes a point when it's time to say enough.  Greg's post
brought out the humour in that.  Getting rid of the bracelet, removing
moles from the mother, getting rig of any stretch marks, whitening the
teeth ... heck, where do we stop?  The bracelet is a part of being in
hospital.

>Having to repair something in post production to me is a failure to
be professional.
Repair, yes, create a completely different picture?  Well, if that's
what the customer wants but I'd let the customer drive that one.

>That is one of the skills that separates us from rookies and
wannebees.
Knowing when to stop in PS is one of the most difficult skills these
days (with film it was actually being able to do anything)

>Our goal as professional, and/or educators is to help others create
better images. Did your post meet that goal?
Your review was read well and appreciated by me anyway.

Greg's post (a derivative work) raised a smile: it also served it's
purpose.

I think you are taking it a little too personally.  If you are
prepared to submit review you need to be prepared to accept whatever
comes back!

Bob

Rest of post snipped: it's not here: look in the archive ...

Honest, it's not down here, it's to save bandwidth ....

Oh the baby needs green eyes ....

... and a sun tan ....