Re: Question from another group

In a message dated 3/24/05 2:33:06 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
shyrellmelara@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Everyone,

I'm signed  on with a craft group and got a question I can't answer. This
lady wants to  photograph her painted glass projects and is trying to eliminate
the flash glare  from her digital camera. All replies will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks
*****************************

Shooting 3d Glass objects is extremely difficult to do because as you
position the flash you get a reflection from another spot on the glass.  If  it was
a picture behind glass you can shoot it from an angle with a perspective
control lens or shot it from an angle and resquare it in Photoshop. With 3d  Glass
objects the best thing to do is build a softbox tent around the subject  and
have the flash(es) outside of the tent with a hole in the tent for the  camera
lens.
    I guess the other thing one could do is shoot the  object with the flash
in different positions but with the camera stationary and  combine the two
shots in Photoshop to not have flash glare. This would of course  take skill and
work and don't think it would be the way to go if you had more  than a few
shots to do.