shooting glass

Here is what I did with some glass shots. I backlit both of these glass
pictures.
Pic 1 -
http://www.pbase.com/lila161/image/21783115
Pic 2 -
http://www.pbase.com/lila161/image/37982414

Pic 1 has a white reflector behind it. I then placed three tungsten
lights below and on each side of the glass to light up the reflector.
The glass shot is pure silhouette and had no color. I used Photoshop to
add the purple tint.

Pic 2 has a white light diffuser behind it. I set up a flash behind the
diffuser facing the back of the wine glasses. This picture took all day
long because I tried for a few hours to front light it. Front light
just puts glare blobs on the glasses. Once I figured out it had to be
backlit I tried to add a little front light just to get a little
sparkle. Unfortunately my only other light source was tungsten, which
gave an ugly yellow sparkle. I have used Photoshop to correct color
before but trying to change the color of glare on a translucent object
was way out of my league.

Mark Rogers
Frame Destination, Inc.
http://www.framedestination.com