Re: DVD's

Russell Baker <rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>   Hi Gang.............
>
>   I just bought a dvd/cd burner to replace a cd burner that just
> failed on me.
>
>   I understand the difference between a one time
>   write disc and one that can be re written, but I
>   am at a loss between when the discs are given
>   a plus or a minus sign.
>
>   Going by the book that came with dvd burner
>   it seems that the discs do the same thing regardless
>   of weather its a plus or minus.

The + and - are two different standards.  You have to buy media that
matches your unit.  These days a lot of the units are multi-standard
though, so then it doesn't matter much.

I think it makes a bigger difference if you want to burn actual video
DVDs to play in ordinary consumer DVD players.  But I've never tried
to do that, so I'm not sure.