RE: New Problem

Try re-installing the modem software and re-starting the machine.  Then
ensure the internet time out (in connection properties) is about 5 minutes.
Make sure you have the correct DNS settings (Usually "server finds DNS
automatically" or something to that effect) and that the firewall on your
machine knows about the IE or Netscape software.

This should all be set up by the internet set-up wizard on xp or even 98 for
a Windows machine.

I don't know anything about Apple Mac's.

Chris.