Re: CD vrs DVD

Gregory:
: I would check that. I have been told, data archived to CDs last three
times
: longer than data stored to DVDs.

I've heard similar too, but as I said, *my experience* with burning many
thousands of both types leads me to conclude otherwise.

The most stable and current archival
: methods appear to be hard drives.

That's my advice too - removable hard drives :-)

:Preferably external and of the RAID
: technology.

be aware though that RAID can mean striped, mirrored or striped and
mirrored.  Mirrored is fine but it's basically copying to two hard drives
at once, striped is dangerous as all hell - you lose one drive and that's
that.. everything's gone

striping is really best for the likes of video editing where vast
quantities of material is being hauled off quickly then dumped back again
quickly, and usually only *copies* of files are worked on and off a striped
array