Paper negatives (was Re: Real scanned photos?)

I'd like to try scanning paper negs.  Has anybody got this process
really nailed down?  I built an interesting 8 x 10 paper neg camera but
haven't taken the time to test exposures and different papers. If anyone
is interested I have pics of it.

Allen,

I find that paper negatives can actually be more beautiful when shown as they are than when turned into a positive.

I've used my 11x14 camera to create paper negative landscapes that have a feeling of infra-red photography (green leaves on trees showing white on the paper negative, etc.).

John Murray (1809-98), a medical officer in the East India army, was a fantastic photographer making fine callotypes from large paper negatives. Most of his architectural pictures are best seen as negatives.

http://www.getty.edu/art/collections/objects/oz114911.html
or bottom of page
http://www.forbes.com/2001/04/11/0411connguide.html

Please show us some of this work if you care. I'd be really interested in seeing a picture of your camera also.

This of course takes us far away from the topic of digital imaging...

Guy