Re: NYC transit photo ban?

-----
From: "Gregory david Stempel"

Bob
: What amazes me about Joe Public is how they always assume the
: politicians are naive when they pass such laws.<<<<

: You are also right, limiting our photographic access is just one very
strong
: indicator of things to come. And, that leads me to be curious about how
the
: rulers view painters, charcoal, colored pencil and water colorist's.

well they've always taken a dim view of writers - Shostakovich's music
wasn't too popular with the Russians of the day either.  I believe of
particular concern are jazz musicians and poets.. watch them, they're a
sneaky mob.

: Using a stealth camera isn't the only way to capture the essence of a
place.
: Are they next?

weird isn't it that while we photographers are being restricted, security
cameras both covert and overt and being set up everywhere?

oh that's right.  it's for our own good

pfft!