RE: Real scanned photos?

For what it's worth -
Photographers "take" pictures (and doctor's take X-rays). It seems that
measurments or data is collected by "taking" it.  Painters don't take
pictures they make them. In other words "taking" (a picture) involves
converting the concrete to the abstract whereas "making" involves only
the abstract. So, it is OK  for artists to invent names for process
without having to "illuminate" what that means.

 It is conventional to call post-camera work "making" pictures. For art
we use the name of the process: "drawing pictures", PhotoShopping
pictures," etc..   The distinctions are clear, at least to
photographers, when they say "I'm making a photograph or "I'm taking a
picture."

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.