Re: New topic - question...

Shyrell,

You'll want to look at the label on your hard drive or in the manual. Either will specify the range of temperatures for your hard drive while it's operating. You might need to contact the manufacturer to make certain that the cold will not damage the drive when it's off. It probably will not but you'll need to confirm that. If it's OK in cold, you will still need to warm the room before the drive will properly operate.

Computers that are required for very cold environments are usually "ruggedized" and are specially built to withstand cold and other severe environmental conditions.

Steve