media issue - wasChris's computer graphic

Guy,

I think a little common sense about media is being overlooked in this
thread.  Would a gallery dedicated to acrylic painting accept your
photo of a tulip painting based on a photo?  Of course, we all know the
answer is no!

Much graphic art uses some type of photo or photo reproduction in its
process.  I think many of us have been disappointed at finding a
"Photography" exhibit infiltrated by PS illustrations or "mixed media"
whatever. Not to say that this type of exhibit is not worthwhile - it
just needs truth-in-labeling.  I saw a show recently (all large work
done with excellent ink jet) at the Chicago Art Institute photo gallery
that was not only disappointingly uninspired art but so far removed from
its photo origin you had to read the artist statement to find it. The
show should have been categorized as art prints like silk screen and
litho, which can be photo-based but are never considered photographs.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING