Re: Chris's computer graphic

> Just a thought - should images that have no connection
> to reality be shown in our photography gallery?

andy

I believe yes.

The future of photography as I predicted some 4 or 5 years ago is no
photography.
Computer simulations are getting better all the time to the extent
that they become progressively more realistic.
There may come a time when all "images" are in fact partly
simulations: that is already 75% true with bayer-grid cameras anyway
:)
Seriously though, a hybrid simulation /  digital capture could produce
incredibly high pseudo-resolutions, to the extent that you could zoom
in on every oak leaf of a distant tree ... when in reality the tree
only occupied a dozen pixels on the sensor.

What "intrigues" me is the preponderance of naked young female forms
in these simulations - not just Chris's but in other sites devoted to
Poser and Bryce.  But there are others where the rendered images are
so pseudo-real they are all but indistinguishable from a low res.
photo.

I think we can learn something from the illustrations - once they get
beyond the naive.

Bob