RE: Chris's computer graphic

At 10:56 AM 2/15/2005, ADavidhazy wrote:
Just a thought - should images that have no connection
to reality be shown in our photography gallery?

I often see my images as having no connection to reality, even when they are "straight" photographs, but maybe that's not the way you meant it.

Jeff, yup ... that is not the way I meant it - I think Chris pretty much
explained what I meant. There is no or very little "photography" in my opinion in some of his works, especially those that include his "model" Judy. It is almost as if these works are drawings or paintings or watercolors. But are they photographs?

quoting from the gallery page:

... info about author and, if provided, the photograph. ... you can immediately post comments about these photographs to the List ...
... if you are making a comment about all the photos in the exhibit ...

While the top line says: ... is a non-juried space dedicated to exhibit
subscriber's work on a rotating basis.

WORK might be interpreted as ANY kind of work but I think that there is a clear
intent based on the other items to deal with photographs.

As one of the staff here and attempting to be as impartial as possible I don't
want to exclude the work of one of our longest standing list members and one
who has been very active and supporting of the list especially since there has
been very little objection expressed by anyone. And thus the question. And now
the discussion. Hopefully we learn something from this.

andy