Re: Do you feel lucky?

I remember some time ago when the good o'l US Parks department got the idea that they where going to start charging people for the right to sell photos of places like Yellowstone and Arches, don't know what ever happened there, but I've never gotten a bill.
Terry M
----- Original Message ----- From: <lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:38 AM
Subject: Do you feel lucky?

PF'rs,

Check this out:

http://newurbanist.blogspot.com/2005/01/copyrighting-of-public-space.html
  Read the email responses to the topic too.

Sorry if this is another worn out topic but maybe some new thoughts. The
question is again -  (in the U.S.) can police prevent anyone from taking
a picture on/off public property?  I understand that a government could
retain a copyright for citizens. I'm told that the entire Millennium
Park in Chicago is copyrighted.

I set up my tripod there and made pictures unmolested by the cops - was
I just lucky?

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.