Re: PF Galleries on 05 FEB 05

Dear Colleagues,

karl shah-jenner wrote:

oh, oh, me! <holds hand high>

I've seen so many people argue about what art is, what it isn't, why, when, how, etc, that I have a decidedly pragmatic view of art.

Rule 1. If you think it's art then it is.
Rule 2. If someone else thinks it's art then it is.
Rule 3. Otherwise it's not art.

If you're not happy with Rule 1, you're either a sheep or have no self confidence.
If you're happy with Rule 1, but not Rule 2 then you're either a dictator or blinded by your own ego.
If you're unhappy with Rule 3 then you're either very religious or confused by set theory.

If you're still unhappy, you probably associate art with words like "pleasure", "good", "quality", etc., rather than with words like "difficult", or "challenging". You may also think your opinion is better than mine.

But apart from that, I agree with most of what Karl said, and just top-posting a "me too" is not my style. :-)

Best,
UnBob