Review 2-5-05

Great set of photos this week. forced me out of my lethargy.

Pini Vollach........ Long house mystery
Ah to be able to be exposed to these exotic envirements. Wonderfull study of a culture so removed from my reality. Composition and tonality are just right. If I have to nit pick
the highlights are a little blown out. Should be easy enough to correct in photoshop without hurting the integrity of this fine image.

Rich Mason
Glad to see a follow thru of last weeks submission. These put to rest the lament of no interesting subject material. an excellent study of disparate lives thrown together in one shot I love photos that pose a question or tell a story. This one does both. You are working in the tradition of Street photography that is my first love.The key figure seems totally at pease with his surroundings,yet the young lady on the left looks disturbed about something. You leave the viewer to fill in the blanks. Well Done.

Bob Talbot..... Doorway
Bob forgive me for typcasting you as a nature photographer. Lately I see many other fascets of your talent. this ethereal image is a good example of your versatility. the positioning and lighting is perfect . I love the way the beam of light on the floor fans out to the corners of the frame. I.m sure your subject will tresure this.

Jeff Spirer.....pagaros
Jeff you have a wonderfull ability the find the abstract in anything that you come accross. It almost looks as if the grapes are scatterd about the sky. Strange.But haunting

D,L.Shipman.....Anhinga and Heron
Wow! Would love to see this enlarged. Audobon would be green with envy. My head is tossed between the beauty and the ominousness of the scene, A beauty

I love Mom
Would never have considerd taking this exept for the graffiti

John Mason......Snowstorm
Classic winter scene. technically excellent. It aint easy to pick up the detail in the tree trunk against the snow background. Interior dcorators would love this one.

Peter Vissak
I expect the loch Ness monster to pop out of the water. seriously,everything is right about this image. You were in the right place at the right time.

Terry L. Mair......Misty Morning
Another pleasant classic scene. Good composition easy to live with. I like the overall green cast.

Emily L. Ferguson......South beach Sunset
I usually shun sunrise and sunset shots. But this one is an exeption. I Like the abstract quality and the sense of mystery. What I assume is sand in the lower left look like sirus clouds. very unusual

Thanks to all for some fine photography
Dave Small