Re: PF Galleries on 05 FEB 05

Brian,

Thanks for Your opinion!

> Peeter Vissak -
>
> I think I get the intent, but without anything in particular to focus
> upon, and little tonal variation, this is a bit too static for me. The
> reflections of the clouds are nice, though.

That's the landscape. No - that's the seascape.
That's the winter.

Perhaps if the top were
> cropped a bit so that the horizon wasn't dead centre? The foreground
> and the relatively few things to look at make it not work for me as a
> centred symmetrical image.

I love it as it is - I mean the winter (not the picture, or ... why not both?).
I try to catch the mood. Nothing there to focus on (the camera became rather nervous on that, btw!), practically no colours, only a cold splinter of cold sun, lots of cold water and snow.
I go out, absorb myself full of damp cold greyness and shoot about 150 pictures.
Who needs the eyecatcher in the foreground!
Just relax and enjoy the horizon (slant or not).
You may not believe me, but the shots are NOT similar to each other.

Of course - back home I can always have a huge mug of hot tea and warm myself up with brandy :)

Peeter

ITV - Sinu lemmiksaated internetis!
http://www.itv.ee