RE: no question too stupid?

To be more precise:

So a 50mm lens will appear to produce an image similar to a  75mm lens.  A
100mm lens will appear to be the same as a 150mm lens, IN TERMS OF
FIELD-OF-VIEW.

IN TERMS OF DEPTH-OF-FIELD, 50mm lens will be similar to 50mm lens, and
100mm lens will appearato be the same as a 100mm lens.

Veli Izzet Cigirgan