Re: Changing skin tones

Howard, Kostas, et al.:

The late Tibor Kalman did a project in the mid-1980s wherein he digitally
converted select celebrities' skin tones to those of other races. Among the
most famous/notorious were a black Arnold Schwarzenegger and a white Spike
Lee, among others (for Benetton "Colors" magazine). It was impossible to
simply change skin color and yield a believable result; actual textures had
to be altered as well. If I remember correctly, American Photo ran an
article about it. I'll rummage through my collection for some examples. It
seems like an arduous task, one which is not easily accomplished, regardless
of whatever kinds of filter may be available. I'm sure you can find his work
somewhere on the Web.

Good luck!

Darin Heinz