RE: OK, which camera?

At 11:28 PM 2/2/2005, Eclipse Agency wrote:
Gavyn
Just curious... If you have a Sony f828 I don't get your comment about
buying a D70 to leave the film world behind. I left it when I got my f717.
You got me wondering how they compare or how the D70 is better. I haven't
kept up on equipment lately just enjoying all the cameras I have for now.
Dean

Hi Dean,

I do a lot of PJ work, and the F828 is just not cut out for that kind of work. It's fine for basic setups, but it's not going to do the job for fast action and off the cuff needs. I need SLR capability for a lot of the work that I do. I'm also working on a project right now that requires the use of the bulb quite a bit, which is not offered by the F828. It's a fantastic piece of equipment, and anyone who tells you that a "pro" wouldn't use it either doesn't have a clue or is simply unreasonably biased against anything that doesn't have "SLR" somewhere in the description. The F828 outperforms several DSLRs in some areas, but in other very important ways it doesn't. It really depends on the application, and it doesn't cut the mustard for some heavier hitting that the D70 could handle. The F828 does, however, work wonderfully for a lot stock work that I do.

Regards,
Gavyn