Re: OK, which camera?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eclipse Agency"
Subject: RE: OK, which camera?

: Hey glad you like your Sony too. I was afraid to post about it here since
: it's not really considered by most photo snobs (generally speaking not
those
: here) to be a pro camera.

re the 828, it's funny.

It's not a TLR, rangefinder, viewcamera or anything other than a reflex
camera but people don't like to call it an SLR (btw, are ANY of these
configurations non-pro?).  It's lenses are Zeis T* but they're deemed just
'ok'.  Its a titanium and magnesium but it's viewed as too 'cheap' to be
pro.  It manages to reproduce the removable prism on old 'pro' cameras by
having an innovative body design.  The digital camera dust dilema is
overcome by sealing the whole lens & body together so THATS never an issue.
It has dual memory slots, selectable not through menus but by a far more
convenient external switch yet after all this - it's not seen as PRO.  Sony
make the Nikon sensors as well as sensors for a number of other companies
and they seem to know exactly how to get the lowest noise and best overall
image out of their own sensors but still no acknowledgement (!) How durable
are they? well the older 515's were what the Graphics Department bought for
their camera-illiterate students - all were still going strong 3 years
after the purchase and THAT'S a record for cameras.

 mebbe it just doesn't look right

whatever.  Students used to borrow my personal f717 in preference to the
D100's at college fairly often but they'd never consider buying one
themselves - they always spent the $ on the Nikon then slap a sigma on the
front.

I bought the f717 over every other camera available at the time - my only
regret?  Not waiting for the 828 ;-)