Re: OK, which camera?

Funny you should mention that. Some prefer the D70 with no grip since it's lighter and easier to carry on assignment. Most grips are there for extra battery capacity but the D70's battery lasts and lasts so it's not an issue. I do love grips because I have big hands so I was always a little bent that one was not available for the D70. That changed this week when third party Harbortronics introduced a grip for the D70 - you can read about it here: http://www.Harbortronics.com/news.htm Bottom line on it is that for $165 you can have the comfort of a grip and power of a 2nd battery and for about $400 total, you can buy the grip plus modify your D70 to have the ability to use the grip as a portrait orientation shutter release. A little expensive but still cheaper than a D100 set up the same way or any other unit for that matter.

I second the advice to check out Thom Hogan's site, do a little review site homework and make your decision. There is also a good review and terrific forum-based support at dpreview.com
Much more shopping around and you'll drive yourself crazy and always be second guessing. In the great scheme of the camera world, $900 is not that much money for a body and you'll at least be in the DSLR game.

-Tim
www.imagefactoryphotography.com