Re: Gallery Review for 20050122

>Kostas Papakotas - while the teacher is out of town
><http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/papakotas.html>
>
>I agree with Bob about the unfortunate crop of the hat (given that the
>hat is there). But, I think eyes in would take away the interest this
>does have for me. With them blurred over like that, and the resulting
>oddity of the smile, the shot makes me think of some sort of distopian
>science-fiction future. (Maybe she's 'furniture' in the sense of
>Goddard's Alphaville? -- here's hoping I've got my references aright.)
>That would be enhanced without the hat, I think.

funny how an image is percieved differently form each of us...
painted over eyes were a necessity and i can tell you it does no justice to her smile and face...
image is a full frame print so not all the hat was captured, being actually a snapshot and a tilted one too...what i liked most is the captured shadow on the wall. i believ it is fuctional in the image.

And i would like to know your feelings on the black border...it was a lucky coincidence, and a has become a fetish/fad among the few of us in the club that still print B&W...

thansk for your comments all, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!