Re: Rules

> I think it is better that art reveals something different and
> surprising to each person in the audience.  The artist may say "Here
are
> some interesting ideas,  see how they effect you."  Rather than,
"Here
> is what I think about this."

Alan

I agree with what you say.  To me, if you have to explain (justify?)
the photo (or other art) then it probably has little of it's own to
say.

Ignoring statements, for me even the title an author gives a picture
can make or break it.  The best are fairly "general", that is they
allow the picture to be something to anybody without "forcing" the
interpretation. A bad tile, like a bad statement, is almost
spoonfeeding the viewer

Naming pictures is not something I'm good at which is possibly why I
feel that way.

Bob