Re: gallery

At 02:44 PM 1/23/2005, you wrote:
Love this first one, Tina!

Shyrell Melara

Thanks, Syrell! The adult day care should be a depressing place but every time I photograph there, I feel good about the care that the people are receiving. There is such a world of difference in these places and it has nothing to do with the facility or amount of money spent and everything to do with the caretakers who really like what they are doing and care about the people. The game they were playing only required two straws, a wad of paper, and a piece of masking tape, but they were having a blast and exercising their lungs at the same time. I also photographed in an upscale, expensive "retirement community". Now that was depressing!! Everybody sat in reclining chairs in front of a big screen tv showing game shows all day. My idea of a retirement from hell.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP www.tinamanley.com