comments

Title: Message
Only fair if I ask for feedback to take the time to give some... I assume I can be honest here without anyone taking personal offense.

My work can be found here:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/cgi-bin/gallery-x/index.html
Dean

Ernest:    Great illustration. Just a bit static. I'd Photoshop a bit more blur in the car or cyclist to show motion.

Fraser:     I don't know what I'm looking at. Some abstract photography allows one to form their own interpretations but this just bores me without knowing what the subject is or having a frame of reference.

Qkano:    Nice mood but sun is too centered. Rule of thirds applies here.

Mair:     Well done. I especially like the human element with the footprints in the snow. Lovely pastel blues.

Mason:   Good eye. I would submit these to the museum to see if they want to sell cards or posters. Or to the Hauser estate. Best shot I've ever seen of Hauser's work and I've lived in Santa Fe and seen many photos of his work.

Marsh:    Good technical shot. You would go crazy at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show which is here now. Tons of the best fossils in the world on display.

Ferguson:  As part of a series this might fit but I don't think it is interesting enough to stand on its own. I would have placed figures in the windows to give it some subject or something. Maybe a woman at the top looking down on two men looking up at her or something.

Bobke:    I like the hue and the mood. Good marketable stock photo if you are so inclined.

Small:  To be fair I've never been much interested in street photography unless the people shown are intriguing or bizarre in some way. This guy just IS.

Cunningham:  Oooh I love the mood of this! And the graininess. Even looks a bit surreal with the hat.

Spurlock:    Well done! Most interesting is the American Flag bandanna. That you went to Hell and back to make these is admirable too.

Vissak:     If you are shooting this as an ecologist to document what happened I think it is an excellent illustration. However for anything else it just seems to be a tangle of wood. For this I think the audience is key for its value. I wouldn't hang it on a wall but for environmental studies it may be very valuable.

Dalrymple:    A good example of the effects of different filters for a Photoshop tutorial or something. I do like the wash of colors though. These look like someone just playing around with Photoshop filters to me.