Re: Breaking the rules

Oh, I agree with breaking the rules. I do whatever I want within the camera as far as cropping and lighting goes. I often put the subjects in the center, if I like the way it looks. I also don't care if the lighting source is red or blue or yellow and it shows up this way in my photo. I think that creates a mood. I also chop into heads often, but what I am saying, is that I do all these things within the camera rather than after I have taken the picture. I don't have a problem with other people cropping their photo a lot or any type of manipulation in their own work. It's just not for me. As a photojournalist, there are, however, some rules you need to adhere to or your reputation and job are at stake.

Leslie
I was taught the first day at RIT that we learn the rules so we know when to
break them....