Re: Enlarger filter question + my next Gallery submission

Change developers.

S.
----- Original Message ----- From: <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: Enlarger filter question + my next Gallery submission

From/Áðü: "James B. Davis" jbdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date/Çìåñ: 18-Éáí-2005, 1:47 ðì
Subject/ÈÝìá: Re: Enlarger filter question

No, but I have tried every possible combo of colour dichroic light
from a Durst CLS 450 head. I started out with Kodak's recommended and
hey you know they did plenty of testing with this stuff, and if they
could have cranked more contrast out of their MC paper they would
have. I ended up with slight variations of their published filtration
but it's always been a known fact that MG papers do not grade the same
as SG papers. MG filter #4 might give you a #3 paper grade, but I
doubt it. I'd say MG is capable of grades 0-2 and that's it.

boy oh boy have i stirred the ashes!

first i should be more specific with the question....indeed we are missing a no3 filter and we cannot get one anytime soon. (there are still the opemus 6 enlargers with the onboard filtration though)

i will be llooking at the kodak website to get a manual..good lead, thanks

i still explore filtration....my next Gallery submission will be a photo printed on Kodabrome grade 3 with a no2 filter. it was my second try, the first being an unfiltered multigrade paper print, and i almost got what i wanted.
Since e-mailing the image to the gallery i have printed it again with 0,2,3,4 filter and 3 preflashes (o.75 1.2 and 2 secs). i almost got it perfect with the no3 one, but i will go to a 2.5 filter, fill in the blank of the no1 sample, and maybe i will try the q-tip method...
printing that same frame has almost become an obsession, but it is on-hand instruction for me, lacking anyone to actually teach me in person
(though you have all been very halpful, your replies being saved for future refference)

anyway, thanks all, a new question is coming next, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!