Re: Enlarger filter question - Color

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:16:28 -0800, SteveS <sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>I wish to thank you for this very clear posting.  The subject line should
>read 'color' and I added that so our archive can have this excellent little
>dissertation.
>
>Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA
>
>Printing negative color:  If the print has too much red, add red to the
>head. [etc. y etc. m  etc. c et. al.]

Ya, be nice if an enlarger head had red eh.
You will find there are two colours you use in a colour enlarger head.
Put them together and you get red :-)
You never add cyan. Oh wait, I think I did once printing an old
Kodacolor neg that was developed in black and white or something...

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography,
  http://easternbeaver.com/