Re: Gallery Review of 20050115

Peeter Vissak - Beautiful capture of a piece of driftwood. Interesting colours amongst the roots

Bob,

What's interesting -- this IS NOT driftwood.
That hurricane (not so ordinary penomenon in our moderate boreal Baltic climate) first increased the water-level about 1,8 -- 2,3 metres and then hit the coasts with 32 - 38 m/s wind.
This is a still growing coastal forest, having got rid of its soil. Water together with sand and gravel polished the roots.
These trees are still living, although -- what kind of a life is it . . . ?
People and cattle were killed, houses were submerged, who cares about a peeled forest? (You are right -- a photographer, who happens to be also the manager of this nature reserve).
A week has gone, but there's still no electricity in about 80 substations!
But now I have some brand new landscapes and coastlines to shoot!

With compliments,
Peeter

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.6.12 - Release Date: 14.01.2005