Re: Copyright question: re tiny thumbnails.

> There are computer programs, like Extensis Portfolio, which make
> tracking these things less onerous.  And releases for use are going
> to vary widely depending on the provenance of the image in
> consideration.

The problem is that the program makes it's own mind up which images
from your "database" to use based purely on how well they fit the
source image.  Looking through 10,000 images to determine which got
used would be no mean task unless it was automated.  Ditto, mailing
the individual authors to ask for permission /  handling the replies.

I guess that practically  it comes obtaining to buying sets of
"Royalty Free" images.  Either that or buying a cheap digital camera
and spending a month visiting zoos, gardens etc etc etc ...

Bob