RE: Virtual Colour Museum

Guys,

The way I would express it is: to sense is physical and to see is
psychological.  Insects and other organisms sense UV or IR which we
cannot.  At least not with the usual rods and cones - perhaps we have
other unrecognized and undeveloped senses with which to "see."   But
what the #%?&&# do I know?

Another intriguing thought about seeing -  (OK, Santa brought me a
Richard Dawkins book) - eyes have evolved from scratch in different
organisms over the aeons at least forty to sixty times. There are
around nine unique "eye" designs. Surprisingly it takes relatively few
generations, by evolutionary standards of time, for an eye to evolve
from a plain patch of skin.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.