Re: digital latitude

In a message dated 12/25/2004 2:52:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Looking at the replies it seems it was accurate.  For me, I'd always
thought it was the amount by which you could over- or under-expose
film and still obtain an acceptable end product
***
Latitude originally meant how large a brightness range of the original scene
you could record on film. It was measured in number of stops. A Stop equals .3
log density.