Re: Gallery Review of 20041218

At 8:54 AM +0000 12/19/04, Bob Talbot wrote:
Emily L. Ferguson - Prayer flags
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/ferguson.html
<<Additional details: A quick shot with the 10D just to show the
conclusion of the project. They look kinda nice, if I don't say so
myself!>
Becuase I've read the background to these flags I can't look at this
as a "pictorial" of "artistic" shot. It's more a record of completion.
In that sense I wish you had zoomed in tighter on the flags.  OTOH,
the woodwork of the building has me wanting you to zoom out so I can
see the architecture: those wooden verandas are not common in the UK.
The flags sure are fun though.

Hey Bob. I live in New England. We don't have verandas, we have porches! Verandas are a southern US thing, although architecturally I think they're the same thing.

Anyway, I did do some closeups too but the light was low and the wind was blowing, so I had to jack up the ISO beyond what I generally prefer. To get these still I had to put it all the way up to 400ISO.

Now the flags are beginning to fray in the wind so the next set of pix will show that. We'll see.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822