Re: D100 colour balance

> I've only now aquired my first DSLR, so I'm fairly new to this.  But
does
> every digital camera tag the RAW file with the WB setting on the
camera
> when the exposure was taken?  Because normally the WB setting has no
effect
> on the RAW file itself and it doesn't really matter what the WB
setting is.

Dan

I'm intrigued: I somehow had assumed the WB setting would have
adjusted the sensitivity of the individual channels *at the time of
capture*  If all it is is an aide memoire ... it's about as much
relavence to the final product as the focal length ;o)

For extremes of lighting then maybe filters are not dead just yet?

Bob