D100 colour balance

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

At 11:58 AM +0000 12/17/04, freddig@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The problem is in using auto white balance, because dominant colors in the shot will affect color balance. Better to use "daylight" WB and then you at least have a constant when you use curves to color correct. I, like you , had to learn the hard way.

Well, it certainly depends on which camera you're using. The auto WB on the D100 was terrible - everything came out with a cyan balance. The Auto WB on my 10D is quite accurate.

Can't speak for the 10D, but much as I like my D100 (and I can't afford to change it yet!) I agree that the colour control on it leaves a lot to be desired. My daughter has far less problem with her 300D.

I try to avoid AUTO white balance, instead selecting the pre-selected values, except for outside when I often use cloudy +3.

My 2 colleagues who have the D70 have no problems...

Or am I the only other one with this issue?

Howard