Re: Fate of Silver Gelatin Paper

At 11:58 AM +0000 12/17/04, freddig@xxxxxxxx wrote:
The problem is in using auto white balance, because dominant colors in the shot will affect color balance. Better to use "daylight" WB and then you at least have a constant when you use curves to color correct. I, like you , had to learn the hard way.

Well, it certainly depends on which camera you're using. The auto WB on the D100 was terrible - everything came out with a cyan balance. The Auto WB on my 10D is quite accurate.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822