Re: PF Exhibits on 11 DEC 04

ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 11 04. Authors
with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Vilma Zurc - Clouds

Damn airplane windows...I can never find a clean one.  Too much blue, and the only significant contrast I'm getting is the big bright spot I can't stop staring at.

Leslie Spurlock - The Coach

Despite political strife, violence, hunger, and unmanageable poverty, people around the globe will always play football.  People in Cairo will play anywhere, anytime, on any surface, under any condition, with or without shoes...the game must happen. Having seen your other Haiti photos makes this one mean so much more to me.  This is my pick of the week.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Fall Shadows
Love the texture.  Makes me think of the alt processes I'm trying to do here.

Jim Snarski - My Work Is Done

At first glance, it seems like I can almost feel the texture of the leaf.  I have no idea how well digital works with respect to ISO, would a lower ISO in dig make it more crisp?

Jim Davis - Cruising for Hens

I like the reflection.  The title's pretty good too.  The water seems a little noisy.

Morley Roberts - Reeds

I want raindrops.  But, then, I live in a desert.

Andrew Davidhazy - Splash

Speaking of raindrops...A publication titled "Random Walk Through Fractal Geometry" (I think) compares a carbon dust particle to a menger sponge.  Upon subsequent magnifications, holes are found in the particle, and then holes in the holes, and so on.  The idea simply being that there is an infinite amount of space inside a finite mass.  Indeed, chaos exists in this tightly controlled situation, the droplets have an infinite number of locations to choose from...but more interesting to me is how many splashes are within that second splash on the inside?  I love the ripples on the wall of the splash!

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?