Re: PF Exhibits on 11 DEC 04

Title: Re: PF Exhibits on 11 DEC 04
At 22:55 -0800 12/11/04, trevor cunningham wrote:
Jim Snarski - My Work Is Done
At first glance, it seems like I can almost feel the texture of the leaf.  I have no idea how well digital works with respect to ISO, would a lower ISO in dig make it more crisp?

    I'm still relatively new to Digital photography. My understanding of the relationship between ISO, or "Sensitivity" as Nikon refers to it, and image quality is that as the ISO increases there is a concomitant increase in image "noise" much as increasing film ISO increases grain. My D70 has no less than ten ISO settings ranging from 200 all the way to 1600. I use 400 arbitrarily. I have been advised by a good friend who has a lot more digital experience than I do to perform a test by shooting a subject in the same light at every ISO setting and then compare the results. This should make the relationship between ISO setting and noise apparent. That's still on my *to do* list.

Thanks for your comments,

Jim
Baja Oregon