Re: Comments: PF Exhibits on 11 DEC 04

Indeed it was scanned from a print.  This was one from my Red Lake series that never made my web page.  The more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  So I cleaned it up a bit and threw a border on it.  But, you're right it does seem a tad dim (I've noticed this a bit in Egypt).  The kid was listening to disc three of the Bitches Brew Sessions release from Columbia.  I thought he might like it as there was a lot of tabla...but I think the right and left electric pianos made him a little dizzy.  And those are sheep, the cows and camels came later.  Thanks for the review!
Rich Mason <cameratraveler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trevor Cunningham - The First Time I Heard Miles Davis
I admit to a little confusion with the title here: "I" implies to me a
self-portrait, which I don't believe this is. Yeah, I know, poetic
license and all that. Anyway...

An interesting look at old world meets new, I can only imagine what's
going through his mind with a first exposure to a jazz great like
Davis. There's a lot of information in the picture, but I don't feel
overwhelmed by it--the composition works well. I enjoy the way the
line of sheep/cows mimics the trees in the background. Good job.

I suspect I would like it better in a larger form. I'd like to see if
those are sheep or cows in the background. Presentation is a little
dark for my taste--it could use a little more punch. Scanned from a
print?

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?