Re: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:17:09 -0500, "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>>               Jim Davis - Late Evening Fishing
>
>Well, it sure is difficult to separate who's fishing from the
>background.  Sidelight, get up much higher so the water's behind the
>head, shallow depth of field.  Something to make us see the face.

Hey, it was getting dark. The image shows the scene my eyes saw. I
held back on lightening or bringing up the kids' face. Or maybe it's
the Mac monitor being too dark :-)

The point is, this is NOT a portrait. I couldn't change the lighting
or position of the kid. And no way I could get shallower DOF, cause it
was getting really dark!

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/