Re: lighting eyeglasses

"James B. Davis" <jbdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:44:02 -0600, lea <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote/replied to:
>
>>Is there a foolproof way to light a person wearing eyeglasses? Is there
>>a specific place the light(s) should be to avoid this problem in the
>>future?
>>
>>Hints, tricks, tips and photos to demonstrate are all appreciated.
>
> Glasses with no glass is the best. What I hate even more than a bit of
> reflection is the distortion.

Ick, ick, ick.  People who actually know the subject will think the
picture looks fake and wrong -- mostly without knowing why.  But
they'll be terribly bothered.  (About 90% of my social group wears
glasses, so I have quite a lot of experience with this!)

> However, likely he'd like to be seen with his own glasses
> style. Keep the area reflected dark so nothing reflects. That likely
> would be the area behind you. Move your fill or reflector further to
> the side. Put your main light on the non reflected side.

Yes, the frame style matters quite a lot too.